Feline Health Care
At Kindness Animal Hospital, we provide healthcare for cats of all ages that keep them healthy and assure a longer, happier life. Your cat’s annual wellness exam is a great time to discuss your pet’s current health and lifestyle. We encourage you to speak to us about your cat’s diet, exercise, dental care, behavior, or any age-related changes during his or her next exam.
Whether your cat enjoys an indoor lifestyle or is a seasoned outdoorsman, regular physical examinations are the foundation for keeping him or her healthy. The veterinarians at Kindness Animal Hospital echo the recommendations of the American Animal Hospital Association and American Association of Feline Practitioners in strongly advising that cats be examined at least annually.
The annual feline wellness visit includes:
- A comprehensive physical examination, including a dental health evaluation
- Discussion of recommended vaccinations based on your cat’s lifestyle and risks
- Screening for viral diseases (Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus) when appropriate.
- Recommendations for parasite prevention and control (i.e., fleas, ticks, and worms)
- Nutritional assessment and counseling
- Early detection screening tests for senior patients
- Behavioral counseling
Wellness exams play a vital role in the early detection of health issues and are critical in preventing illness and disease. Your cat’s wellness exams will establish a baseline of health early on so that we can measure changes in your cat over time. If we detect the onset of a condition or disease early, we can provide advanced diagnostic testing and begin a treatment plan that is customized to your cat and his or her needs.
Remember that cats age much faster than humans. Much can change over the course of just one year. To learn more or to schedule your cat’s next annual wellness exam, call us today at (301) 949-2511.