Canine Health Care
At Kindness Animal Hospital, we provide healthcare for dogs of all ages to keep them healthy and assure a longer, happier life. Your dog’s annual wellness exam is a great time to discuss your pet’s current health and lifestyle. We encourage you to speak to us about your dog’s diet, exercise, dental care, behavior, or any age-related changes during his or her next exam.
The canine wellness exam includes:
- A comprehensive physical examination, including a dental health evaluation.
- Discussion of recommended vaccinations based on your dog’s lifestyle and needs
- Heartworm test and heartworm prevention
- Recommendations for parasite prevention and control (i.e. fleas, ticks, and worms)
- Nutritional assessment and counseling
- Early detection screening tests for senior patients
- Behavioral counseling
Wellness exams play a vital role in the early detection of health issues and are critical in preventing illness and disease. Your dog’s wellness exams will establish a baseline of health early on so that we can measure changes in your dog over time. If we detect the onset of a condition or disease early, we can provide advanced diagnostic testing and begin a treatment plan that is customized to your dog and his or her needs.
To learn more or to schedule your dog’s next annual wellness exam, call us today at (301) 949-2511.